This Egge's Adventure

From New York City, a day in my life. I have no idea what I'll write day to day, but living here, I'm bound to have something to talk about!

Tuesday, November 07, 2006

The Sun Came Out--And Left Again!

The sun came out for a few hours yesterday afternoon, but went under clouds again, where it seems to be staying.

Brian had an interview yesterday afternoon, so I went to visit the cats one more time before our cross-country trip begins today. He seems really pleased with it and is hoping to hear from the company soon--it was a final interview of sorts.

The cats were much happier to see me yesterday than last week--they both cuddled with me and purred for a few minutes (of course, when their attendant came to feed them, I was chopped liver--they could've cared less who I was, it was dinner time!)

Yesterday was my 28th birthday in Sydney! Today is my 28th birthday in the USA--I think I should celebrate twice, don't you? (thank you to everyone who sent e-cards and birthday wishes, it was a nice surprise, especially considering it wasn't even the 7th in the US!) We didn't get a chance to do anything together to celebrate until last night, but we took a dinner cruise around the Sydney harbor which was quite amazing and could've only been better if the sun had been out so it could actually set over the Opera House. Oh well, we live here now, I'm sure I'll get the chance to see that magnificent sight many times over!

I'm thinking now I'd like to take a narrated harbor cruise sometime so I can know all the buildings I saw last night. Guess that'll have to wait until we get back.

Plenty more stories to come after the train ride. . .I'm sure we'll have plenty to talk about then. And I PROMISE, we'll figure out a way to upload photos when we get to Perth on Saturday to go along with those stories.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home